November 8, 2022
Professor D’Italia & Professor Heilman Invite You to Participate in the Campaign to Benefit The Jacaranda School in Malawi!
The Jacaranda School for Orphans in Limbe, Malawi, currently educates more than 400 children. The students at Jacaranda have lost one or both parents. Many of the students are born HIV positive.
Despite the challenges these students face, Jacaranda has been able to achieve the following:
- 100% pass rate on 2021 secondary school national exams
- 94% pass rate on 2021 primary school national exams
The Jacaranda School also operates Luc’s Libraries. This program creates and operates libraries in other primary schools in Malawi. The program has opened 24 libraries, reaching 55,000 children.
Please help us by donating:
- Dictionaries, thesauruses, atlases, encyclopedias, or other school resources
- Any books from pre-school to adult
- Books that represent Black characters; books written by Malawian authors, African authors
- Toys, learning tools, or puzzles for our preschool
The Catholic University of Malawi is the first ever private University in Malawi to have its Law Programme accredited. This means better access to higher education and better access to justice. Jacaranda currently has two graduates enrolled at the school. Let’s share our wealth and donate our more recent law books:
Used or New treatises, texts, supplements, and non-fiction law books—no older than 2014
$$ to spare?
Jacaranda students sit three to a desk in a classroom with aging blackboards—they can be difficult to write on and even to erase.
- Prof. D’Italia’s Office — BW311
- The Writing Center — W338