October 24, 2022
Public Interest/Public Service Employer Fair — October 27, 2022
Thursday, October 27, 2022
12:30 p.m. - 1:45 p.m.
Join the Career Services Office at the Public Interest / Public Service Employer Fair and meet with public sector attorneys and representatives! Learn more about practice areas and legal services offered in the Greater Los Angeles community and how you can support and gain applicable legal experience through volunteer, scholarship, clinical, fellowship, or employment opportunities.
Below is a sample of the agencies who will be coming to campus to meet you in person:
- Alliance for Children's Rights
- Asian Americans Advancing Justice Southern California
- Children’s Law Center
- Inner City Law Center
- Kids in Need of Defense (KIND)
- Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles
- LevittQuinn Family Law Center
- Los Angeles Center for Law and Justice
- Los Angeles City Attorney's Office
- Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office
- Los Angeles County Counsel
- Los Angeles Dependency Lawyers, Inc.
- Neighborhood Legal Services of Los Angeles County
- Public Law Center
- Riverside County District Attorney's Office
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission - Legal Unit
Southwestern Resources for Public Interest/ Public Service Students
PILC Summer Grant
Southwestern’s PILC conducts fundraising activities throughout the academic year to support and subsidize Southwestern students in full-time, unpaid clerkships in either the public interest or public service sectors over 1L and 2L summers. Through the PILC Summer Grant, students can apply for funding in amounts of up to $5,000. SUPPORT PILC when you can and spread the word!
Public Service Graduate Program
A resource for transitioning students/recent graduates is the Public Service Graduate Program (PSGP). Through PSGP, Southwestern will offer a modest stipend to support a postgraduate clerk position with a non-profit, public interest, or public service agency.
Public Service Program & Southwestern’s Public Service Pledge
Southwestern’s Public Service Pledge encourages students to perform at least 25 hours of pro bono or law-related service each academic year, in addition to for-credit externships or clinical education programs. Students who have satisfied the 75‐hour requirement by the April deadline in their final year of study will be recognized at commencement ceremonies, and a notation of Public Service Program distinction will be placed on their academic transcript.
- SoCal Public Interest Career Day Info Session: November 16, 2022 | 12:30 p.m. | W311
- SoCal Public Interest Career Day 2023: Friday, February 3 - Saturday, February 4, 2023