We hope you take full advantage of the benefits listed here for you as a member of our Bison Herd. Be a part of our thriving alumni community and build strong connections with Southwestern and other alumni.
For all alumni-related inquiries and needs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The accordions below provide information for frequent requests.
The Career Services Office offers individualized and comprehensive support to all Southwestern graduates at all stages of their careers. We also welcome alumni volunteers as mentors, speakers, and panelists.
Southwestern Alumni can take advantage of the following benefits and services:
- Career Counseling
- Job postings for new and experienced attorneys through Symplicity. If you are new to Symplicity, register for a new account via the Symplicity login page for students and alumni.
- Public Service Graduate Funding Program
- Reciprocity through other ABA-approved law schools' career-related services on a limited case-to-case basis.
There are a number of avenues for alumni to remain involved in the Southwestern community after graduation. Join our 400+ strong network of alumni mentors, and make a difference! Be a future panelist, speaker, mock interviewer, and/or mentor to Southwestern students. You can sign up for any of these volunteer activities:
- Alumni Resource Network to offer advice on networking opportunities, career matters, and expertise in particular areas of practice.
- Mock Interview Program to prepare students prior to the fall recruiting season each year.
- On-Campus Interviews. Be among the number of firms and organization representatives who come to campus to interview students for summer and post-graduate positions.
- Be an Employer and post a job! Symplicity for employers allows you to post job announcements and receive and manage resumes and other application materials free of charge. You will receive a confirmation from the recruiting coordinator when your listing is approved. We do not accept postings from third parties, including search firms or blind listings.
Contact the Career Services Office for more information: email@example.com or 213-738-6794
Request a Transcript
Transcripts may be requested by completing the Transcript Request form (PDF).
Transcripts may also be requested through Parchment, a secure online service. There is a processing fee of $3.00 per order, in addition to the regular transcript fees charged by Southwestern. Payment may be made by credit or debit card. Additional policies apply when ordering through Parchment and should be reviewed before creating an account and requesting transcripts.
The following policies apply:
- Official and Unofficial transcripts may be requested from the Registrar’s Office. Transcripts are $7.00 each (processed within 1-5 business days), payable in advance.
- Normally, 1-5 working days are required for processing transcript requests, except at peak periods when more time is needed to fill all requests.
- Consent must be obtained for transcript order due to the confidential nature of a student's records.
- Transcripts include all work completed at Southwestern. Partial transcripts are not issued.
- Official transcripts can be issued directly to students, agents, or institutions.
- We do not copy other colleges/universities or law school records.
- Transcripts mailed directly from the Registrar’s Office to scholarship foundations for current students are free.
- Unofficial transcripts bear the "Issued to Student" stamp.
- Transcripts sent via postal mail will be sent first class through U.S. postal mail to the address indicated by the Requestor on the Transcript Request Form.
- Electronic transcripts are subject to the above policies and will be delivered through the FERPA-compliant Parchment network provider. The Recipient's email address is required. It is the requester's responsibility to determine if the Recipient accepts electronic transcripts. Southwestern is not responsible for transcripts that are requested to be sent to unsecure email sites or the Recipient's use of said document(s). Corrections to incorrect Recipient email addresses provided by the Requestor are considered a new transaction and subject to additional fees.
The Taylor Law Library is a privately-funded research facility with the primary mission of supporting the study and research needs of Southwestern students and faculty. The library is open to Southwestern alumni. Alumni may use their old student ID or complete the Alumni Card Application Form (PDF) to purchase a new card.
Patrons with Disabilities
Patrons with disabilities should park on the upper deck of the parking lot behind the building. The law library is fully wheelchair accessible. Please ask any member of the library staff for assistance in reaching materials on the upper shelves and to provide such other services as may be needed. House phones are located on the first floor in the Computer Lab, on the second floor near the online catalog and in the photocopy room, and on the lower level near the online catalog in front of the photocopy room. Please call Reference at 6725 or Circulation at 5771 for assistance.
Continuing Legal Education