Southwestern Law School offers an exceptional opportunity for an individual seeking a career in higher education and administrative services. The Law Admissions Coordinator will be a member of a dynamic group of dedicated higher education professionals responsible for Southwestern’s Juris Doctorate programs. The Admissions Office oversees processing student applications, counseling prospective students and applicants regarding the admissions process, file review, and many special projects as needed. The office also conducts receptions in person (both on and off-campus) and via Zoom for prospective students and accepted applicants. The successful candidate will be a versatile self-starter capable of working with minimal supervision and able to coordinate and manage multiple assignments and projects successfully.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Office reception, including answering phones, greeting students, faculty, staff, and visitors;
- Answering emails regarding general Admissions questions and performing light admissions counseling functions;
- Data processing, including processing applications, tracking data, running daily reports and providing analysis; updating records and preparing application files for review;
- Assisting with preparation and shipping of recruitment materials to events;
- Maintaining organized workspaces as identified in the Office; re-ordering publications/supplies as-needed;
- Document preparation, including word processing and proofreading;
- Preparing check requests, invoice vouchers, and weekly reports for various internal constituents;
- Assisting with all aspects of event planning for on-campus events for prospective students; participation in limited off-campus recruitment events;
- Planning and prioritizing multiple projects with accuracy and efficiency;
- Coordinating interviews for various constituencies;
- Assisting with the management of Admissions Ambassadors and providing training, as necessary;
- Conducting campus tours for prospective students and coordinating class visits; and
- Assisting the Associate Dean for Admissions and other members of the Admissions Office with special projects as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree with two years’ experience in higher education admissions, administrative services, or student services; however, combined work experience/education may be substituted. The successful candidate will possess exceptional interpersonal, service, and verbal/written communication skills; ability to promote professional office environment and provide exceptional applicant-centered assistance; good judgment; strong organizational and planning abilities; ability to work with a diverse group of people; and proficiency in computer programs (MS Word, Excel), desktop publishing, e-mail and internet usage.
Experience with database systems and Slate would be preferred.
Salary: $21.64/hr - $23.08/hr
To be considered for this position, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.