Southwestern is committed to ensuring that staff employees have the tools, resources, and support they need to succeed while telecommuting. Managers at Southwestern understand that they now have a heightened role to play in assessing the unique needs of their diverse teams to support equity in this new environment; they are here to help you.
Remote Work 101
Setting Up Your Work Station
- Get started with a home office assessment and ergonomic evaluation
- Office supplies are available through Staples Advantage and Amazon
- Discounted personal office supplies are available through Staples Personal Purchase Program. Register here!
- Paid vacation time - you earned it, and we encourage you to use it!
- Schedule a consultation with Marcie Canal for work/life balance management tips
- Contact HR for work-at-home reimbursement requests, rideshare subsidies, and other questions regarding telecommuting expenses
Mental Health Resources
- Employee Assistance Program: The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a confidential counseling and referral service for you and your household members.
- Headspace for Los Angeles County Residents (Sponsored by LA County): Tools and resources to look after your mind.
Technology plays an essential role in telework but it can be challenging to get started, know exactly what you need, and troubleshoot problems. Not to fear; Southwestern's Information Technology team has your back and is ready to help!
- Internet Connectivity
- Troubleshooting Zoom
- Setting up your Southwestern-issued computer equipment
- Software (VPN, Adobe, Teams)
- COVID-19 testing through LA County
- Aetna Resources (Members Only): Discounts on medical supplies, natural products, and services; Fitness discounts through LifeMart; Lasik discounts; vision/oral/hearing care; Weight management tools; Emotional health tips; Teladoc and MinuteClinic
Family and Childcare
- Los Angeles County Office of Education
- Child Care Resource Center
- Child Care Alliance Los Angeles
- Aetna Maternity Support Center and family planning (Members Only)
Interesting in sharpening your skills and furthering your professional development? Check out this curated list of LinkedIn Learning courses to maximize your work from home experience. There are thousands of additional on-demand courses available when you log in with our Southwestern subscription.
Master the work-from-home basics
- Remote Work Foundations
- Computer and Text Neck-Stretching Exercises
- Becoming Indistractable
- How to be an Adaptable Employee During Change and Uncertainty
- Time Management: Working from Home
Enhance your communication with tech
- Learning Zoom
- Microsoft Teams Quick Tips
- Leading Virtual Meetings
- Converting Face-to-Face Training into Digital Learning
- Communicating Internally During Times of Uncertainty
Build your “co-working” skills
- Building Relationships While Working from Home
- Leading at a Distance
- Digital Body Language
- Leading Remote Projects and Virtual Teams
Take care of yourself